Located at the
Atlantica Hotel and Marina Oak Island
All rental clients receive comprehensive personalised instruction and a briefing covering basic safety. Our briefing sessions are to familiarise you with the waters around Oak Island and with the equipment and quality gear we provide to maximise your experience. You are then able to start your adventure without wasting any precious time.
If you have your own location where you would like to kayak, we can deliver our kayaks to your place for an additional fee. Rental equipment is available from our base at the Atlantica Marina Oak Island in Western Shore, NS.
All our kayaks are fitted with retractable rudders or skegs and have 2 water tight compartments. They are in bright colours for safety. Our policy is to replace equipment every year.
Ride an off-road Segway along the trails of the Atlantica Hotel and Marina Oak island on an exciting 1 hour tour!
Numbers are limited to four on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from your guide.
Hours of Operation
Reservations and Information
- Open 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., daily, Victoria Day weekend through Labor Day and Saturdays and Sundays weather permitting.
- Segway Tours start at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Please arrive 30-minutes prior to your scheduled tour.
Segway Tour Rules and Regulations
- For details or to reserve your Segway tour, please call (902-627-3340 or 902-277-1182)
- Reservations are suggested at least 24 hours in advance.
- Segway Tours start at the Atlantica Marina Oak Island.
- Operators must obey the instructions of the tour guide.
- Operators of a Segway must be of a minimum body weight of 100 pounds and a maximum body weight of 260 pounds and have no health related condition or be pregnant since this could prevent the safe operation of the Segway.
- You must be at least 14 years of age.
- Operators of a Segway must wear the protective helmet provided to him or her and have it fastened at all times when operating the Segway.
- Closed-toed shoes are required. No heels, sandals, clogs, Crocs, or flip flops. No bare feet.
- No loose clothing is permitted. Wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions.
- No loose objects are permitted on your person. Cameras and cell phones must be secured or put away.
- Operators may not board or attempt to board Segway if he or she is under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance which impacts his or her ability to safely use the Segway and abide by the posted and oral instructions of the tour guide.
- Operators of a Segway must be considerate of fellow riders and pedestrians.
- Operators may not submerge in or otherwise expose the Segway to water.
- Operator will receive basic instruction concerning the use and operation of the Segway.